Sunday 26 December 2010

#34

Today I was reminded about the Asian dating ways, not to mention a little insight into why I feel the compulsion to meet random men here in HK.

In Hong Kong, the society is largely composed of two extreme groups of polarized wealth. And the poorer would always try to be associated or know the rich. Young women, and I suppose gay guys are fed far too much movies where the waitress falls for the handsome rich businessman and ends the movie with them lovingly laughing in their new New York apartment.

We end up hearing stories about how girls married into some royalty or some ambassador, etc and most of us feel jealous instead of disgust. As my mom said, 'in Hong Kong, no one will laugh at you if you are a prostitute, but they will laugh at you if you are poor.' So everyone does what they can to know and meet richer man... and the semi educated middle class ring in Hong Kong, who are taught well and proper English, makes the stock of professional expat men rise higher and faster than any economic bubbles..

And yes, I will blame this PARTLY to my only partial reason to why I want to cheat on my boyfriend. I do believe I had a seed planted in me that in Hong Kong, if you can get a white man, which I get along better with anyways, you succeeded.

It sounds twisted, and I know it is, but as I mentioned this is only a small reason, but I need to account for each one... for my sake when I find a therapist finally...

No comments:

Post a Comment