Friday 25 March 2011

#120

I have been using lastfm recently to listen to songs in the 90s. Since it recommends similar songs, I got to check out what else I had missed out on. Listening to songs from another decade not only brought back memories, but it explains so much about myself.

All the things that Ana doesn't understand about me seemed so logical in the lyrics of self loathing POP bands and grunge rock. Feeling down about myself.felt like the cool thing to do. Being the underdog and angry all the time felt completely sensible.

This was further reinforced when I re watched one of my favorite teen films of Can't Hardly Wait. The characters were so stereotypical that it somehow single handedly explained so much about growing up in America in the 90s. It explained why I acted like a jerk to my friends sometimes. Why I felt it was okay to be sex obsessed or just plain vulgar.

I wish people I know in Britain knew these reasons so I can not worry about coming off as a douche when its simply a cultural difference.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment