Wednesday 23 February 2011

#101

Being a socially awkward internet nerd, I find myself completely retarded when going to the pub with people from school. I have no idea what to talk about and often feel embarrassed when talking about myself.

For one thing, we never talk much about ourselves, and when you do, you can see them reserving their true opinions to themselves. So you start thinking what they might be thinking, and get incredibly self conscious. Then worst yet, when they start talking about themselves, which is most of them (especially given the nature of the first explanation I have just provided) I just find myself thinking they are self obsessed arty students...

I know that the problem is me, and I am sure most of them are lovely. I guess I just need to realize that I have more of a problem with the social setting than the people..........

No comments:

Post a Comment