Saturday 15 January 2011

#51

Without wanting to sound pathetic, I was eating lunch alone again and across from me was another guy on his own. I can tell he was from America from the accent he ordered his lunch with.

I decided that as I can send random emails to strangers on Craigslist, I most certainly can speak to a stranger across the table. Plus I wasn't attracted to him so I knew u can talk slightly with ease.

So it starts, " Excuse me. Are you from the states?"

....

He works in the music record industry and was easy to talk to. We talked for a good while and we definitely had enough common grounds to stomp on. But I got antsy and was thinking I needed to get to school before the library closes. So with my awkward mumble I asked for the bill.

As we were bout to part ways in front of the Chinese noodles shop. I wondered if I should be offering Facebook, mobile, email, blog, Twitter (if I had one). But I decided to leave things as it is. Shake hands and in the usual awkward manner, say, 'see you around.'
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment