Friday 21 January 2011

#63

When my boyfriend's daughter is here, I can't help but feel:
  1. Completely invaded and uncomfortable in my own home
  2. Neurotic as I discover how many things I like 'my way.'
Since I tend to work late in the living room, there was no way I can ask Theresa to sleep in the couch next to me while I Skype, Blog, or watch dumb videos like Community Channel on YouTube. So instead, I am banned from my own bed for the time being...

That said, my neurotic side became more apparent as the day goes on. Since the girl is preggers, she had morning sickness all day and night. She vomited on the plane and on the train to get here. So needless to say, I didn't hug her. And I wasn't particularly thrilled when I saw her lying in bed already, without a shower after 48 hours.

Then there's the discovery that I actually like school, and somehow I have this internal urge to leave the house when she is awake. And suddenly the place I have avoided like the plague for the last 3 years has become a safe haven for me.

At least I get nights like these where I can finally type on a keyboard instead of the keypad on my mobile to blog, vent, and be.

I guess sleeping on the couch has its own advantages.

No comments:

Post a Comment